As of May 2019, Rainbow Treecare has partnered with over 25 cities throughout the Twin Cities to treat public trees in parks and along boulevards. These partnerships also include a city-wide discount to private property owners. Through this discount program, property owners can treat their ash trees at a reduced price.
The rapid decline of 20 – 30% of an entire municipal tree canopy has caused a large-scale economic and safety concern across many cities throughout the eastern US. There are numerous benefits to a municipality implementing a city-wide EAB Management Program:
- By increasing the number of treated trees in a given population, the death of untreated ash trees slows down.
- Slowing the death rate allows for more time to fund the transition away from ash trees.
- Safety hazards are reduced, as resources remain available for timely removal of dead trees.
- As a property owner, you will receive a property visit and consultation with an ISA certified arborist or certified tree inspector.
- Ash tree protection is offered at a discounted rate to property owners as part of this city partnership.
- Lastly, the entire community benefits from the mature canopy preserved through city and homeowner participation.
Hover over the image below to see how the Emerald Ash Borer will affect your trees.
Current EAB City Partnerships with Rainbow Treecare:
North St. Paul
St. Louis Park
West St. Paul
White Bear Lake
Don’t see your city on the list? We recommend contacting either the City Forester or Natural Resources department within your municipality to see if they have an Emerald Ash Borer Management Plan in place. We offer free inspections and recommendations for managing all your Twin City ash trees!