Saluting Branches: Remembering Veterans
Created by Rainbow Treecare in 2015, Saluting Branches is a certified non-profit organization dedicated to providing free tree care in veteran’s cemeteries. Tree care companies, arborists, and industry professionals honor our veterans every year by volunteering to keep their cemeteries safe, beautiful places to visit. Our event has grown to more than 3,800 volunteers working in 66 national cemeteries across the US, representing more than $3.8 million worth of services for our nation’s heroes!
Visit the Saluting Branches Volunteer page for details on this year’s event and to find a service location near you.
Saluting Branches represents the largest single-day volunteer event in the tree care industry—and it takes a lot to make it happen! Consider becoming a Saluting Branches sponsor by making a tax-deductible donation to make our service day successful. Your support will directly fund participant outreach, site organization work, and provide food for volunteers on the day of service.
Non-Tree Field Work Opportunities
Not a tree worker? Not a problem! There are many types of volunteers needed to make this event a success.
- Plant trees
- Drag brush
- Rake up debris
- Prune shrubs
- Weed planting beds
Event Volunteer Opportunities
- Assist with setup and take down
- Greet volunteers at the registration table (help get waivers signed, hand out hats, etc.)
- Run items to teams in the field (deliver water, communications, etc.)
- Set up food and refreshments
- Take photos and videos!
Help Out Before the Event Starts
- Spread the word by talking to fellow tree companies
- Share the event on social media
- Contact local media outlets
- Help us find food donations for volunteers