City & Commercial Tree Management Plans
Our long-term planning services help cities and commercial property owners with large-scale tree management, including maintenance, improvements, and addressing issues such as the emerald ash borer (EAB).
Tree Management Planning services include:
- Tree inventory and electronic mapping with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software
- Developing and managing tree care budgets
- Communicating with key decision makers, such as city councils, neighborhood groups, and boards of directors
Inventory Management is Essential for Budgeting
Inventory data is essential for understanding the impact of tree care strategies and allowing you to prioritize projects and actions effectively. We offer inventory management for publicly owned trees, as well as trees on private residential or commercial properties.
Our inventories include:
- Identifying and measuring each tree
- Rating trees according to their health and location
- Recording this information in electronic maps and databases to guide budgeting and decision-making
Municipal Tree Management Plans for Communities
Our municipal specialists have the expertise to serve the unique needs of cities—large and small. We partner with city foresters and planning departments to create customized plans for:
- Street reconstruction projects
- Establishing environmental goals, such as canopy cover
- Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) and other invasive pest management
We analyze and deliver data to community leaders so they can make decisions that maximize their resources, and help them to reach their goals. We also work with city foresters and other staff to communicate with residents and track progress around tree management efforts.
Commercial Tree Management Plans for Office Parks and Homeowners Associations (HOAs)
Our commercial specialists are uniquely capable of meeting commercial property management needs. From corporate campuses to multi-housing developments and managed homeowner’s associations, we offer unique solutions tailored to each property’s needs, including:
- Tree management plans custom tailored to each location’s budget and needs
- Inventories and assessments that include detailed recommendations based on current conditions
- Proactive disease and pest management to maximize environmental and aesthetic benefits
Specialized Plans for Emerald Ash Borer (EAB)
In the St. Paul / Minneapolis Metro Area, 25% of the urban forest is made up of ash trees. Unfortunately, the threat of EAB requires action to be taken. Evaluating the costs and benefits of trees and actions can help cities and large-scale property owners manage this deadly pest in the most cost-effective manner. Our EAB planning process begins with an assessment to identify each ash tree’s size, location, and conditional rating to create a customized plan.