Emerald Ash Borer Treatment and Prevention
Rainbow Treecare is an industry leader in Emerald Ash Borer treatment and prevention. We are working with researchers and universities to develop new standards in saving ash trees. We will work with you to save your trees.
Emerald Ash Borer Treatment Plans:
Rainbow Treecare will evaluate your landscape and help you make the best decisions in how to deal with the ash trees you own. We can help you determine what trees are valuable and that you may want to protect, and what trees would be better to remove and/or replace. Rainbow Treecare does not sell or plant trees, but we can recommend species that would best suit your needs and environment.
Contact the Experts
Emerald Ash Borer Treatment Options:
Currently Rainbow is using two products that have proven to be very effective in preventing trees from dying from Emerald Ash Borer. Research has proven these products effective when used professionally and according to directions. Rainbow Treecare guarantees its treatments.
Soil Drench/Injection: Xytect® 2x (active ingredient, imidicloprid)
- Annual application.
- Proven effective when used according to directions, for a minimum of one year.
- Professional application as a soil injection or soil drench. Soil injection offers an extremely accurate way to apply without worry of run-off.
- Homeowner soil drench application available.
- Cannot be used when tree is in close proximity to water.
Tree Injection: Active ingredient. emamectin benzoate
- Application every 2 years
- Proven effective when used according to directions, for a minimum of two years.
- Tree trunk injection by professional application only.
- Does not affect any other plants in area.
- Can be used around bodies of water and wet areas.
- Wounds tree, may introduce decay into a tree.
Schedule your service today!
Emerald Ash Borer Management Statement (from the Coalition for Urban Ash Tree Conservation)
Insecticide Options for Protecting Ash Trees
What are Neonicotinoids?
Potential Side Effects of Systemic Insecticides Used To Control Emerald Ash Borer
The Facts About Systemic Insecticides and Their Impact on the Environment and Bee Pollinators