You finally found your dream home and are starting to settle in. Perhaps you had an inspector review your home for structural issues; however, there is a lot to consider when it comes to maintaining your landscape and home. The Experts at Rainbow have put together three important tips for every new homeowner.
1. Your new roommates: Mice
2. Is your lawn keeping up with the Joneses?
- As a rule of thumb, it is recommended to water your lawn 1-1.5” per week to help keep grass healthy, especially as it starts to get warmer in the summer.
- Along with watering, regular mowing to a height of 3-4 inches will help maintain your lawn. Keep your mower blades sharp to minimize damage and leave the clippings as mulch.
- If you find you have an issue with weeds, weed-control options can reduce weeds in these areas.
- Fertilization will encourage root and leaf growth and replenish nutrients in the soil to create a healthy, lush lawn.
Have a lawn that needs more than the basics? Our lawn experts can help you create the perfect lawn for you!
3. Is there a big expense in your shade?
Trees do need regular maintenance like pruning and inspection for pests and diseases. It’s important to review your property for trees that may be hazardous or dying, as a large tree removal can be very costly. Also, trees too close to a structure have the potential to cause damage to your home. Homebuyers can request tree inspections to review the property, look for trees with specific issues, and avoid unexpected expenses.
Moving into a new house is exciting, and we hope these tips help you avoid some common surprises. Your home is your greatest asset, and with some easy maintenance, you can protect and enhance your investment. Our team of experts is available if you would like a thorough review of your lawn, trees, or possible pest issues in your new home.