The size of a mature tree is often underestimated. Many trees are planted too close to houses, garages, power lines, sidewalks and other structures. As they grow their size can cause damage to the property, requiring maintenance to correct at substantial costs to the homeowner.
Treatment for Slowing Tree Growth:
Growth regulator treatments must be applied by a licensed professional applicator.
Cambistat is a tree growth regulator that reduces canopy growth by 40-60% over a three year period. Slowing the amount of tree growth can help:
- Safely maintain the visual appeal of the landscape.
- Reduce the amount of live wood pruning required.
- Prevent overcrowding of trees in the landscape.
- Maintain a smaller, more appropriate tree size when there is a restricted space for roots.
- Maintain views with less frequent pruning.
- Extend the time in between pruning services.
- Minimize intrusion into power lines.
Additional Cambistat Benefits:
As a result of slowing tree growth, your tree can see an improvement in:
- Fine root growth is stimulated
- Thicker greener leaves
- Resistance to drought and heat stress
- Higher tolerance to some diseases and/or insect infestations
Root space – The tree you see above ground is only half of the tree. Underground the tree’s root system needs the same amount of space to grow. Building foundations, streets, driveways, and other obstacles limit the expansion of tree roots and significantly reduce the amount of water and minerals available to the tree.
Most trees grow shallow feeder roots that are located in the top 12” of soil. This makes trees vulnerable to many problems that can injure their root system. Root injury is often overlooked as the cause of decline and death of many trees. Some common causes of damage to the root system include:
- soil compaction
- root cutting
- drainage problems
Contact Rainbow Treecare if you are experiencing growth issues with any of your trees 952-922-3810.